Executive Coaching is about performing at your best through
the individual and private assistance of someone who will
challenge, stimulate & guide you to keep growing. It is
a partnership that helps clients produce the improved results
they select. The focus is on moving successful people forward
more rapidly, giving clients greater confidence and supporting
them in striving for their optimum performance.
Performance, Achievement, Leadership is Copiae’s structured
approach to Executive Coaching. Always confidential and client
centred it is tailored to meet both personal and business
objectives where there is a sponsoring organisation. Your
PAL coach applies proven tools and methods to meet your specific
The sort of people that benefit from the PAL™ Executive
Coaching program are Board Executives/Owner Managers, Key
Managers, Future Leaders and the Newly Promoted.
Typical questions coaching can tackle?
- What are my key objectives, and how best can I achieve
- What could I do differently/better?
- What is holding me back?
- What have I achieved in the last 2 years?
- What are my key challenges?
- What plans do I have to tackle them?
- How better could I be?
- What potential do I have?
- What type of manager am I?
- How do I need to change?
- How do I spend my time?
- How can I be more productive?
- What stretch aims do I have?
- Can I do more?
- What do I want to achieve currently & in my future
- What key competencies do I need to acquire to be successful?
The CIPD’s Training and Development Survey (2005) showed
that over 90% of executives value one-to-one coaching as No
1 for effective performance improvement. Coaching brings:
- a positive impact to an organisation’s “bottom-line”
- tangible benefits to both individual & organisation
- improves individual added value
The PAL™ Executive Coaching program is based on a structured
framework, within which flexible objectives are agreed. A
seasoned and dedicated personal coach will work with an individual
confidentially to secure improvements in their performance.
The coach will explore with the individual a situation of
their choosing and use various methods and tools.
A typical approach is:
- On acceptance of the proposal a meeting is arranged, to
agree final details of the program, and how success is to
be measured. Client and coach begin to discuss priorities
and how meetings will be scheduled.
- A series of sessions are held (usually up to 2 hours each).
Typically there will be up to 6 in a first phase.
- Progress is reviewed informally with the client, and program
successes to date agreed. Any new/amended aims are agreed.
- A second series of sessions are held.
- A final formal evaluation meeting is held with the sponsor
& client to agree overall program successes
Among the tools that might be used are:
- Personality profiling.
- Team profiling
- 360 degree appraisal
- Employee satisfaction surveys
- Reflection notes
- Action learning sets
“I have found
our sessions to be invaluable and have really helped me to
focus on my own performance and to review and plan my office
structure and strategy to achieve the best results possible.
Your ability to help me see through problems and to explore
and develop my own action plans has been really enlightening.”
Gary, Regional Managing Director
given me the ability to do things I never thought I could
do. It’s helping me develop massively.”
Steve, IT Manager
me to identify some unique insights into
which helped me clarify what I wanted to achieve. He also
supported me in unraveling my thinking
which enabled me to
get buy-in from a disparate group of people to my project.”
sessions have really given me a shot in the arm. I now feel
I can tackle anything.”
Sarah, Company Director
felt under enormous pressure, but Copiae
helped me focus on agreed objectives.
His support kept me going, and motivated me to succeed. It
was great to have someone to talk to who
did not have an axe
“I am very pleased
with the progress made. I feel more confident and can organise
my time better. This was achieved by you understanding what
Peter, Managing Director of a new SME
“Bob is helping
me realise my potential, plus adding value through experienced
insights. I have suggested to my boss that he considers Bob
Gavin, Finance Manager
PAL™ Executive Coaching
- Cost effective in time and resources
- Has a direct impact on performance
in the workplace
- Improves personal effectiveness
and helps to achieve goals
- Promotes performance improvement
through real life incidents as they happen
- Improves ability to manage and cope
with change within the workplace
- Provides a confidential sounding
board for senior executives
- Can promote a more collaborative
and team focused style of leadership
- Ensures learning is transferred
and embedded into the workplace
- Cascades learning through the recipient
to their own team
- Brings the experience of an external
objective coach to the organisation
- Provides a clearer understanding
of the competences impacting on performance
- Supports succession planning